I think that a feeling of pride is something that every community needs to move forward. —Vivian Howard
On Today’s Episode:
- I had the distinct pleasure of interviewing Vivian Howard of the TV show “A Chef’s Life”
- Vivian’s journey with farm-to-table (before it was hip)
- How the success of A Chef’s Life has affected the Kinston, NC community
- Which recipe’s are Vivian’s favorites
- The secret to Vivian’s authenticity on the show
Vivian’s determination to make the community where she grew up a better place to live is incredible. In today’s interview, she shares how she went from wanting nothing more than to leave her eastern North Carolina hometown to coming home to open a restaurant and helping to grow the community. Vivian is a breath of fresh air and has some amazing stories to tell.
I am so excited for Vivian to join us at Catalyst University on June 20! If you have not secured a ticket yet, you can register here. If you have any questions, comments, feedback, or you’d like to be one of the first 3 people to claim the special surprise in the episode, send me message or tweet me @ronkitchens. Enjoy!
Question: Where did you grow up? What would it take for you to move back to your hometown?