Building an organization for “good success” means creating a culture that will live on through succeeding generations. —Tony Dungy
On Today’s Episode:
- Carla and I dive into culture and why it’s important to be intentional
- Workplace culture needs to be a clear, well-communicated path
- Cultures-by-default cause lack of empathy, toxicity and disengagement
- On-purpose cultures promote high engagement and performance
- Gallup: 34% of US workers are engaged
Culture may be seen as a buzzword, but there is a lot of research out there that has found it’s one of the biggest indicators of turnover, engagement and performance for your company. When exploring how to create a good culture, make sure you stay authentic to your organization; what works for some may not work for others. Have a group of people weigh in on culture ideas to ensure you’re a good stewart of the whole organization.
Question: How do you ensure your workplace culture is by design and not by default?