Civility costs nothing and buys everything. —Mary Wortley Montagu
On Today’s Episode:
- I talk with Carla about what civility really means
- The importance of leaders who set the right example
- How cancel-culture is poisoning civil public discourse
- Sharing to help versus sharing as a weapon
- The four key components that make up civility.
We are just one week away from the 2020 presidential election, and emotions are running high. Between the prominence of social media (and the echo chambers it creates) and the desperation and unease that 2020 has sown in people, right now is a very charged time in our history. Carla and my conversation dives deep on the importance of empathy, why we need strong leaders to be role models, and how we can make it through this time. Tune in now to hear more.
Question: What are you doing to ensure civility reigns in your organization? What hurdles are you encountering?