People don’t need you to be perfect, they need you to be present. —Ron Kitchens
On Today’s Episode:
- Mistakes happen; it’s how you deal with the aftermath that makes or breaks you as a leader.
- Making and admitting mistakes is an essential part of leadership.
- Why do good leaders make mistakes?
- Admitting mistakes makes you a better leader in 4 ways
- The importance of evaluation after mistakes are made
We are all human. We all make mistakes. Carla and I wanted to talk about this topic because, traditionally, mistakes are seen as taboo to talk about. But the process of making mistakes provides so much opportunity for growth. And if you’re not making mistakes, you’re not taking risks, which may mean you’re getting stagnant.
Question: Admitting mistakes can be scary. How can you set the right example for your team following a misstep?