Leaders goal: Remember why you do what you do and do not allow it to be blurred by fortune, fame, pride or discouragement! – Brian Houston
Today’s podcast is about dissecting some of the tough stuff that comes along with leadership like tension, conflict and how to deal with critics. If you’re in a leadership position today, you know that it isn’t all about the glamour or getting a big paycheck. Instead, leadership can be incredibly stressful and even lonely at times. There are uncomfortable, difficult situations that leaders at every level must face.
To be clear, this conversation is not meant to discourage anyone – in fact, it’s meant to encourage you and help you prepare for these events before they come up. As leaders, if we talk openly about these strategies, it will make each other better.
Here are a few of the questions we answer during this discussion:
- In leadership, is tension a good thing or a bad thing?
- Is there any redeeming aspect of conflict in leadership?
- How can leaders prepare for tough decisions?
- What are some tips for leaders on what to do when conflict does arise?
- What should leaders do when dealing with the critics?
It is my hope that today’s podcast will help you more effectively navigate through the tough stuff that comes with leadership.
Question: What is your plan for how to handle conflict, tension and critics in your leadership?