You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you. – Dale Carnegie
It is commonly said that success is not about what you know but who you know. So, on today’s podcast we’re talking about networking vs. making connections. Is traditional networking relevant today or, as leaders, do we have to make connections in other, more authentic ways?
Throughout our conversation, we break down questions like:
- What kind of impact can traditional networking events have?
- How can you connect with people who share similar passions and interests?
- Why do leaders need to work together?
- What’s most important when it comes to building meaningful connections?
- What role does social media play in this conversation?
- What’s the best way to follow up after first meeting someone?
Networking can be a painful topic for a lot of people, but making connections should be much easier and much more effective.
Question: How do you make meaningful connections to help further your mission and dreams?
P.s. You heard me reference Lindsay Tjepkema in today’s podcast. If you’d like to learn more about her digital marketing expertise, you can visit her website at www.blueprintmkt.com.