Micromanagement is the destroyer of momentum. —Miles Anthony Smith
On Today’s Episode:
- Carla and Ron tackle the topic of micromanaging and how to stop doing it.
- Micromanaging is the top complaint people have about bosses.
- Accountability check-ins vs. micromanaging.
- Tips to stop the hovering and increase productivity.
- How to grow beyond direct supervision.
Nobody likes to be micromanaged. It kills motivation, creativity and job satisfaction. It’s also one of the main causes of high employee turnover. Sometimes, we fall into a trap of micromanaging when we’re growing and not adapting. I had to do some major adapting when Southwest Michigan First grew to a point that didn’t allow me to directly mentor all team members. This article on medium.com talks about growing organizations and the pain points that come with that growth. It has been so insightful for us as we’ve grown. Maybe it proves insightful for you, too.
Question: Is your organization or team at a point where you need to delegate more responsibility to ensure your team feels empowered?