No goal is too high if we climb with care and confidence. – Truett Cathy
Many of you know that Catalyst University – our big leadership un-conference of the year just wrapped last week. Even though it’s already one month into the new year, our team sometimes feels like the year is just freshly starting after that event takes place. We’re working now on perfecting our goals as an organization for 2015. Plus, this gives us time to reflect on what worked last year and what didn’t. Even if you’ve already started setting your goals for the new year, I think you’ll find value in today’s conversation.
– Organizational goals are critical. They help you understand your mission and your why.
– Goals give us mile markers along the way to track our direction, progress and success.
– While your mission never changes, the goals that you define may change along the way. That is okay!
– Build goals together as a team. Goal setting should not be only a top down strategy or you will lack buy-in from the entire team.
– Be public about your goals. By letting others know what you’re striving for, it holds you accountable and you will achieve more.
Enjoy the details by listening to our discussion!
Question: How do you set goals in your organization?